What You'll Hear
Find out how your plan can expand your member base through culturally competent marketing, outreach, and retention strategies at Reaching and Retaining Diverse Members for Health Plans.
“Health care providers will need to beef up language services, hire diverse staff, and pay attention to culturally appropriate care strategies” – Stateline (Pew Charitable Trust)
This one-of-a-kind event brings together leading minds from health plans and community organizations to explore best practices for providing culturally competent marketing strategies, outreach and retention initiatives, and services and supports that meet the needs of diverse members. Learn how to best serve communities such as Latino, Asian, LGBTQ, and others to build a loyal and lucrative member base that can boost your bottom line in an uncertain healthcare marketplace.
Save $200 if you register by May 26, 2017! Special rates available for health plans and non-profit groups.
- Master targeted marketing strategies that reach diverse members where they are
- Learn common health disparities among populations and creative ways health plans can improve outcomes
- Find out how to build trust within the communities
- Best practices for choosing language and translation service providers
- Network, gain insights, and share ideas with peers
- And more!
- Addressing Diversity in a Changing Regulatory Environment
- Understanding and Addressing the Needs of Diverse Communities
- Marketing and Outreach Strategies that Engage Your Target Audience
- Building a Network of Supports and Services for Your Target Communities
- Boots on the Ground Initiatives – Breaching Cultural Barriers to Build Trust in Communities
- Breaking Language Barriers – Translation and Interpreter Services
- Encouraging Consumer Involvement and Patient Advocacy Training in Your Member Base
- How to Improve HEDIS Rates Through Disparity Reduction Efforts
- Strategies for Serving and Supporting the LGBTQ Community
- Strategies for Serving and Supporting Asian Communities
- Communication Strategies to Lower Hospital Readmission Rates Among Culturally Diverse Members
- Staff Diversity Training and Cultural Competency Education
Top Reasons To Attend
- Get a big picture view of the demographics of diversity in America for healthcare management
- Find out how to provide clear and concise instruction on access to care in the language of your consumers
- Learn what culturally appropriate images and literature is most effective for marketing materials
- Tips for building an employee and leadership base that represents the communities you want to serve
- How to find and partner with organizations who understand your target communities
- Best practices for choosing your language and translation service providers
- Improve performance on HEDIS quality measures for your diverse populations
- Best practices for serving the LGBTQ community
“You can’t really help somebody if you don’t understand how they value health, and how they understand health and the health care system” – Pew Research
Who Should Attend
Health plan professionals from the following:
- Health Equity
- Head of Outreach
- Cultural and Linguistic Services
- Health Disparities
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Head of Consumer Engagement
- Business Development Directors
- Head of Communications
As well as:
- Non-profit organizations
- Language/translation services
- 3rd party marketers
Get Answers To These Important Questions
- What kind of training is needed to increase the level of cultural-competence for staff members?
- What communication strategies can you employ to lower hospital readmissions among culturally diverse members?
- What is the best way to overcome language barriers, differences in cultural health practices, and lower health literacy among Asian communities?
- How can you best serve transgender patients?
- How do you identify and communicate with trusted community gatekeepers?
- Are your initiatives and processes are meeting the needs of your diverse members?
- What are some common health disparities and how can plans improve outcomes?
When & Where
June 26-27, 2017
180 Aragon Ave.
Coral Gables, FL, 33134
We have a block of rooms reserved at a special rate of $159/night. This rate expires on May 15, 21017; although, we expect the block to sell out prior to this date. To receive a room at the negotiated rate book well before the expiration date. Mention the “Diverse Members Conference” when placing your room reservation by phone to receive the negotiated rate. We urge you to book your room early as we expect the block will sell out. Upon sell out of the block room rate and availability will be at the hotel’s discretion. Please call 305-441-2600 to book your room or simply click the link www.hotelcolonnade.com.
Hotel Colonnade celebrates the history of travel and the luxury of exploring a new destination in style while offering an intimate, celebratory experience in the heart of Coral Gables. Spirited travelers, adventure-seekers and work-hard-play harder road warriors will find an experience evocative of bold whimsy and exotic elegance at the newly re-imagined Hotel Colonnade. With dashes of European elegance, sophisticated social spaces and unparalleled location on the Miracle Mile, Hotel Colonnade is unlike any other property in Miami.